Thursday, December 11, 2008

On Certifications and Training

I've now been at Epic for six months. During the hiring process, that's the amount of time they said it takes to be trained. Some people complete training a lot faster. I procrastinated, which is always a bad idea. The main thing that held me up was the C exercise. I don't know why it's called that, as it has nothing to do with the C language (Epic uses Cache, which is based off of M), and there are no corresponding A or B exercises. It was a tricky little bit of programming, but there was always this nagging thought in the back of my mind that there was a much easier way to fulfill the requirements of the exercise. Oh well. It's over now and I'm certified in everything.

Despite it taking me six months to meet the minimum requirements, I've done a lot more. I'm certified in three applications, including my main app. There's a nice financial incentive to pursue extra certifications, and doing so is my main means of getting out of debt right now. That, and using a debt management company. I should have done that a lot sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment